14th May 2018
Data controller: Bluegrass Restaurants Ltd (‘Bluegrass BBQ’)
Bluegrass Restaurants Ltd (Bluegrass BBQ) is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses your data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
1. What information does Bluegrass BBQ collect?
When you use our website, Bluegrass BBQ collects and processes a range of information about you. This includes for the below products and services available on our website:
• Making a booking at one of our restaurants via a web form: your name, details on your booking request and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
Events & Purchases
• Making a booking for an event and/or purchase via a web form and third-party payment processor: your name, contact details (including email address and telephone number), credit or debit card details and party size;
• Enquiring via a web form: your name, details on your enquiry and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
• Subscribing to our buddies mailing list, via a web form and a third-party mailing list service: your email address and marketing preferences
Bluegrass BBQ also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage of the website, including by using cookies.
2. Why does Bluegrass BBQ process personal data?
Bluegrass BBQ needs to process your data to deliver or complete any services, products and requests that you have asked to deliver or be completed.
In addition, where you have provided consent, Bluegrass BBQ may send you informational and marketing content from Bluegrass BBQ in accordance with your marketing preferences.
You can stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email or by letting us know at email@example.com.
3. Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with members of the accounts team (for payments), restaurant managers (for bookings and events), and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
Bluegrass BBQ shares your data with third parties in order to process the services, products or requests you have asked to be completed, for example when using the website (e.g. WIX), in managing mailing lists (e.g. MailChimp) and to process secure payments for our products and services (e.g. Stripe).
Bluegrass BBQ will never share your information for marketing purposes with any other company.
4. How does Bluegrass BBQ protect data?
Bluegrass BBQ takes the security of your data seriously. Bluegrass BBQ has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Where Bluegrass BBQ engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so in accordance with the necessary legal duties of confidentiality and data protection required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Where third parties are situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), they will be in compliance with the necessary legal requirements for not being located in the EEA (for example, the EU-US Privacy Shield).
5. For how long does Bluegrass BBQ keep data?
Bluegrass BBQ will hold your personal data for the duration of the service, task, request, and booking. The periods for which your data is held after this are set out relevant retention periods by law.
6. Your rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require Bluegrass BBQ to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require Bluegrass BBQ to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
• object to the processing of your data where Bluegrass BBQ is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that Bluegrass BBQ has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
7. What if you do not provide personal data?
Certain information, such as contact details and payment details, have to be provided to enable Bluegrass BBQ to complete the service you have requested. If you do not provide this information, then Bluegrass BBQ will be unable to complete the service you have requested.
8. Further Information
If you require further information or you have any questions, please email email@example.com.